As part of a global network ICWAP upholds the core values of the ICW Global:
- Mutual Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Confidentiality;
- Commitment to advocacy;
- Accountability to our members, other ICW regions, ICW Global and our members;
- Self-determination; and
- Understanding our issues using a women’s rights and feminist lens and ensuring feminist principles govern how we operate.
We are guided by the following principles:
- Acknowledge, accept and represent the diversity of women living with HIV
- Critical reflection
- Apolitical/non-partisan, whilst interpreting and challenging power
- Equitable distribution of responsibilities
- Continuous learning
- Commitment to women’s rights
- Respect for every person’s dignity.