Webinar: Community Research For Global Policy Reform and National Action
Event date: 09-Jul-2018
Research has shown that although a scale up of healthcare services has been recorded, women living with HIV still face major barriers when it comes to accessing Sexual and Reproductive Health and rights services, at the same time facing stigma and discrimination and violence in their surrounding homes, communities and even within facilities. This saw a need to create a consolidated guideline to ensure that policy and programming consider the diversity of women living with HIV as well as the challenges they face within their communities, to create an enabling environment for proper access to SRHR services.
In April 2018 Salamander Trust launched a generic Checklist, with financial support from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and with wider advisory and collaborative support from global, regional and national networks of women living with HIV. The Checklist supports community advocacy to advance the full implementation of the 2017 WHO Consolidated Guideline on the SRHR of women living with HIV.
ICW, on behalf of UNAIDS and WHO, together with civil society partners would like to invite you to a Webinar on Community Research For Global Policy Reform and National Action.
Join this webinar to learn more about how to uphold the SRHR of women living with HIV: to ensure intrinsic rights; and to enable women living with HIV to access the healthcare they want.
- Introduction and background to the Checklist
- National Experience Implementation Workshop
- Experience from other countries reviewing national guideline on the SRHR of women living with HIV
- Discussion and questions.
Monday July 9, 2018 14:00–15:30 (CAT) across the following time zones. Double check time zones for Harare 14:00–15:30 (CAT) here if your country is not on the list below.
- Bolivia / New York: 08:00–19:30
- Cameroon / Nigeria / UK: 13:00–14:30
- Botswana / Lesotho / Malawi / Mozambique / Namibia / The Netherlands / South Africa / Swaziland / Switzerland / Zambia / Zimbabwe: 14:00–15:30
- Kenya / Kyiv / Tanzania / Uganda: 15:00–16:30
- India: 17:30–19:00
- Bangkok: 19:0–20:30
How to participate
- Follow this link https://zoom.us/j/124838523
- Click on Join Meeting.
- You will receive a pop-up asking: ‘Do you want to run this application?’ Click ‘RUN‘ and this will take you to the ‘join the meeting’ screen.
- You can test your mic and speakers to see if they are working for the meeting – Click ‘Test Mic and Speaker‘ and close the window when you are finished.
- To Join the Meeting – Click ‘Join Conference via mic and speaker’.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5th.