ICW Global News
ICW Communication Assistant Job Advert
Communication Assistant TOR:-
The International Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW) is looking for a Communications Assistant to provide administrative support to our programs. In this role we are looking for a young woman living with HIV who is currently living in Kenya. She should be an excellent communicator having good writing and editing skills with social media experience.
The position supports global communication and advocacy activities and efforts for the international Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW) Global Secretariat office. In Particular the position is involved in actions to raise awareness and increase visibility of the organization with key stakeholders and the general public, ensure dissemination of appropriate messages to relevant audiences (both internally and externally) through effective channels, and promote documentation of the organization’s program work as well as promote consciousness raising through information sharing and learning
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Support the implementation of the ICW Communication strategy and other related documents.
2. Support the Coordination of strategic communications planning for ICW that includes, but is not limited to;- internal communication within ICW, communication via social media, communication via the organization’s website, message and material development, conferences and events, and support relationship building.
3. Working in close collaboration with the ICW staff and members to ensure their communications interests and needs are incorporated into communications plans.
4. Working closely with the Advocacy and communications Manager to support preparation of high quality programmatic progress reports to the donor, and ensure they cover key content to meet donor requirements.
5. Soliciting and preparing success stories to highlight program achievements alongside the progress reporting. Success stories should be in line with ICW communication guidance for success story reporting.
6. Ensuring appropriate branding of all reports and other communication material to meet donor requirements.
7. Support the preparation of ICW member speakers and other designated spokespersons for media and public speaking opportunities.
8. Identifying potential communication and visibility opportunities
9. Contributing to the preparation of publications and fundraising materials.
10. Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or any related field. (Preferred)
Diploma in communication and Journalism.
At least one year’s relevant work experience in a similar position with an internationally funded program; experience working in a network of People Living with HIV preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent report writing, editing and packaging skills
Program progress reporting to donors
Excellent computer skills.
Public speaking and facilitation skills
Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills.
Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Strong team orientation.
Interested applicants to submit their applications to ICW on email contact; -firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com clearly indicating in the subject field of your email ‘Communication Assistant’ by18th January 2018.
All applicants should submit their application with a detailed CV in PDF version, which should include names and contacts of 3 referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Young Women Living with HIV are encouraged to apply.